2010 December 7 Expert Tips for Preparing Consolidated Plans
If you are preparing to undertake a consolidated plan, be sure to consider these expert tips from mckenna professionals who have prepared consolidated plans for communities across the midwest:
- USE CREATIVE MEASURES to improve public participation, such as social media, food at meetings, online surveys, even an appeal to civic duty.
- USE UP-TO-DATE DATA for the most meaningful analysis.
- HOLD INTERNAL STRATEGY MEETINGS with other municipal departments and consider your Capital Improvements Plan. Is it time to take a new approach to how you spend CDBG or HOME funding?
- CONSIDER WORKING WITH NEIGHBORING COMMUNITIES to coordinate planning efforts or projects.
- VIEW YOUR CONSOLIDATED PLAN AS AN OPPORTUNITY to orient future planning rather than merely a requirement.
- CONSIDER EXPERT HELP from professionals who can ensure the process meets federal guidelines while achieving your community’s goals.
Among the services McKenna Associates offers:
- Preparation of Consolidated Plans, Annual Action Plans, and Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
- Housing studies
- HUD compliance and reporting
- Public facilitation
- Grant writing
- CDBG administration
To learn more about how McKenna can assist you with your Consolidated Plan or other HUD programs, contact Sarah Traxler at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888.226.4326.